Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Week 4



Erin with the wives of the branch presidency


Hey there!


Sister Chatwin has been so wonderful, I'm so blessed to have her as a companion. Keep your prayers coming!

Other news, the other sisters and the elders in our district all got their visas and left for the Brazil MTC this morning. It was sad to see them go, but we are so excited for them! I know that I need to be here, and I'm blessed to be.

Since the other 2 sisters moved out of our room, another sister moved in. Her name's Sister Ratigan, and she'll leave in a few weeks for Brazil. The 5 of us have decided to implement "quarta-feira festas" (Wednesday parties).Every Wednesday night, we have a mini-slumber party, and giggle like little girls. That's not to say we never giggle like little girls any other time :)Since the other 2 sisters moved out of our room, another sister moved in. Her name's Sister Ratigan, and she'll leave in a few weeks for Brazil. The 5 of us have decided to implement "quarta-feira festas" (Wednesday parties).Every Wednesday night, we have a mini-slumber party, and giggle like little girls. That's not to say we never giggle like little girls any other time :)
Since our district shrank quite a bit, we've been absorbed into another district of 7 elders in our branch. They're all going to Mozambique. We meet with them on Sunday for District Meeting (pretty much Sunday School), and Tuesday nights for Devotional Review. And sometimes throughout the week. But our regular classes are just Sister Chatwin and I. It's actually really great. I can already tell that we're learning way quicker.


My audition went....well... not as well as it could have gone. I had played it SO well in sacrament meeting, but I totally butchered it in the audition. Piano solos=not for me.

And a moment of comedic relief- for the first few weeks, I spent most of my gym time playing volleyball. About a week ago, we had a pretty good rally going on.I was positioned in the spot in front of the server. He did a pretty good dig, and hit it up. Right into my face. My nose had a little bump on it, but no bruising, and I don't think anything's broken. He felt SO bad.

I play kickball outside now. The last time we played, I had 2 runs, and nearly bulldozed the elder at first base. STONE COLD.




My daily schedule varies from day to day. I don't have my calendar on me today. but I always have an hour of gym, two 3-hour blocks of class, 1 hour of language study, 30 minutes of planning, 3 meals, and 8 hours of sleep each day :) I'll send your a more specific breakdown next week.

I want you all to know that I have a testimony that Jesus Christ lives, and he guides this church today. His Atonement blesses my life everyday in ways that I can't often see. I know that Heavenly Father can see all, and has a perfectly perfect plan for each of us. I've tried many many times to argue that plan, and it never works. Ever. I know that I'm where I'm supposed to be, doing the work I need to be doing. I know that it's God's work, and He has called me, my simple, weak, imperfect self, to spread His gospel to all of His children.

The Church is true, and I love you all!

Con amor,

Sister Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment