Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Week 3

Erin and her companion, Sister Chatwin.

"Our first night at the MTC. We were so happy then. We're happier now. "


Hey all! First of all, the weather is AMAZING today. I'm not used to it being this warm ever, and surprise! I'm loving it :)

This week was definitely an adventure. There were some struggles, but I got a priesthood blessing from 3 of the elders in my branch, and I'm doing way better.

Tuesday night, our devotional speakers were Elder Russell M Nelson and his wife, Wendy. They spoke to us about the importance of exact obedience, and about bearing pure testimonies of Jesus Christ. It was an AMAZING meeting.

Wednesday we got a new district of missionaries, 4 new elders and 2 new sisters. The sisters are both in our bedroom, so there's 6 of us in there now. Thank heavens for bunkbeds, eh? :) One of the sisters is a month and a half older than me, and she is a HUGE Harry Potter fan. She shared a scripture in 1 Corinthians 15:26. Read it right now, and tell me that's not awesome? Disclaimer: if you haven't read Harry Potter 7, nevermind.)

Sunday I played a piano solo in Sacrament Meeting. It's the first time I've played a piano solo in I don't know how long. I feel like it went pretty well, though. Saturday I practiced for so long that my fingers were sore. I know, I'm majorly hardcore. I played an arrangement of Come Thou Fount of Ev'ry Blessing, arranged by Sister Nally, whose husband is in the MTC mission presidency. After Relief Society, I let her know that I had played it in my branch's Sacrament meeting, and I thanked her for arranging it. She was super excited, and asked me to audition to play in a larger meeting. YIKES! I'm way nervous. The auditions are Thursday, 10am-12pm. Say a prayer for me that I won't make a complete and total fool of myself? Kthx.

Thank you all for your prayers, letters, support and love. I feel them everyday, and I love you all right back!!

Love,
Sister Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment