Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Week 2

We've got some pictures. I'll be scanning them soon! -Rachael

Olà!!! This week was a blast. It flew by!

Way cool story. When I said my prayers on Thursday, I prayed that I would see a face I know. On our way to gym, I ran into Ben Miles, a guy I went to seminary with! He teaches here at the MTC. I was so great to run into him, even though it was a bit weird calling him Brother Miles. PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED.

I love gym time. Yes, you read that right. I actually really look forward to it. Even on the days that it's first thing in the morning. :) I always play volleyball, because there's nothing else I like doing. There's a really fun group of regulars. Mostly elders, as everything around here seems to be. I've made some really awesome friends so far.

Sunday was awesome! I'm kind of the unofficial Sacrament Meeting pianist, now. I also accompanied the 3 elders in my district as they sang "Be Thou Humble," the first verse in English and the second half in Portguese. They did a great job. sacrament meeting was just pretty dang awesome in general. Our branch president, President Whetton, spoke to us on forgiveness and loving people more. It was definitely something that I needed to hear. Also, a member of the Relief Society Board spoke to us in Relief Society.

Sister Chatwin and I decided to go to choir practice on Sunday, it was AMAZING. I'm never missing a practice again. We're singing "This Is The Christ" at the devotional tonight.

My Portuguese is coming along slowly, but surely. I can feel the gift of tongues working, and that's a HUGE blessing.

Also, I bought a new scripture bag. It's purple.

Nothing else super exciting has happened. This week has been much less emotional that last, which I think means I'm settling in.

I love you all! Keep those letters and prayers coming my way. I need every one :)

Love, Sister Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment