Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Week 6



Hey there everyone! This week has been CRAZY!
This week is the conference and training fro new mission presidents. I have been invited to sing in a special choir of about 36-38 missionaries that will be singing at most of their meetings. Are you ready for the CRAZY PART??? Sit down.
PRESIDENT MONSON IS COMING THURSDAY MORNING, AND I'LL BE SINGING FOR HIM. I get to sing for the Prophet of God. I can't tell you how excited I am!!!!! Also, a little freaked out, because all of our parts need to be memorized, but I can do it :)
Thursday Morning-President Monson
Friday Morning- President Uchtdorf
Friday Night- A big fireside with a lot of General Authorities, including Elder Packer
Sunday Morning-Elder Holland and Elder Nelson, I think.
Sunday Afternoon-President Eyring.
Now that I've told you all this, don't come down to Provo, and bust down the doors. I would love to see you all, but I'm pretty sure I'd get majorly fired.
Sunday was kind of a hard day. First, in Sacrament meeting, I accompanied 2 districts of Elders in my branch. They sang the words to Joseph's Smith First Prayer to the tune of Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. The arrangement was pretty easy, until the last 2 pages when the key changed into 5 flats, with 3 note chords in each hand. AND they gave the music to me on Tuesday night. UGH. So, needless to say, I adapted it a little bit, but it all turned out okay. The spirit was really strong while they sang.
Then, in that same meeting,my branch president, President Whetton was released, and President Crosby was called to replace him. I'm sure President C. will be wonderful, and I know he was called for a reason, but we all know how much I love change. And by love, I mean not at all. One of the brance presidency counselors interviewed me Sunday afternoon, to see how I'm doing, and I totally fell apart. That poor man. He has 5 sons. I don't think he knows how to handle sobbing girls. Nonetheless, he was very sweet. He said, (THIS IS THE QUOTE OF THE WEEK) "They say change is a good thing. But I think the only people who say that are people that have never experienced change." Isn't that great?
I want you all to know that I know that the work I'm doing is the Lord's work. I can't do it with His help. I know that Joseph Smith was and is the Prophet of the Restoration. I know that he was called, like me, in his weakness. What a wonderful, powerful tool he became in the Lord's hands.
I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment